A “label” based on a quality welcome
Les Étapes du Cognac network consists of winegrowers and visitor service providers who want to enhance the winegrowing area and its products. They include distillers, winegrowers, hoteliers, restaurateurs, tour companies, museums etc.
Each professional signs a charter that varies depending on the type of business (vineyard charter, hotel charter, restaurant charter and sightseeing charter) but that, in every case, defines the hospitality and welcome that he or she is committed to providing.
Each location is inspected before being accredited to ensure compliance with all the clauses of the charter.
These conditions of accreditation give visitors a guarantee of quality service, with a convivial personal welcome.
A tripartite administrative structure
The association is run and managed by a Board of Management with 36 members in three groups :
- Official agencies: representatives from the Regional Council, the “County Councils” of Charente and Charente-Maritime, local area agencies and District Councils.
- Wine producers: representatives from the Bureau National Interprofessionnel du cognac (BNIC), the Comité National du Pineau des Charentes, the Chambers of Agriculture in Charente and Charente-Maritime, winegrowers’ associations and unions, tours of trading companies etc.
- Tourism: professionals from the Regional Tourist Board, Charente and Charente-Maritime “County” Tourist Boards, local Tourist Offices, the hoteliers and restaurateurs union, tourist associations, the Chamber of Commerce & Industry etc.
Working parties consisting of two members from each group specialise in the association’s main areas of action :
- Communication Committee: production of PR and promotional materials
- Network Committee: Courses, special events, workshops
- Accreditation Committee: Compliance, monitoring and inspections relating to the quality hospitality label.
- Signage Committee: monitoring of Étapes du cognac signage, choice of new routes.
The work of these committees is validated by the Board of Management.
A General Meeting is held every year to draft a general and financial report of the actions undertaken by the association.
Our financial sponsors
- Central and regional government
- “County Councils” (Conseils Généraux) of Charente and Charente-Maritime
- Areas (Pays): Ouest Charente, Sud Charente, Vals de Saintonge and Haute Saintonge
- Bureau National Interprofessionnel du Cognac
- Membership fees